Friday, February 13, 2009

Welcome to IN-N-OUT...in Utah?


Apparently the rumors are true. In-n-out burger is coming to Utah. I had heard this supposed heresy, but was unsure if it was really true or not. My aunt Peggy had told me, and she was thrilled. She was born and raised in L.A., so this was a dream come true. I as well come from the land-o-plenty of So.Cal, however, I hail from the better part which, of course, is San Diego. 
I'll be honest I have some split feelings about this move. I just can't picture an In-n-out burger in the snow. There is just something inherently wrong about that. When I'm at an In-n-out it means that I am somewhere warm and sunny, for the moment I have escaped the terror of the snow.
However, I'm sure once I get the fabulous double-double, the hesitancy will all go away. Or if I'm really hungry, a four by four. I actually don't recommend this. I did that once in Barstow, because I knew I wouldn't have In-n-out for awhile. I was sick until Lehi. 
I guess I'll just have to close my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere else. Or better yet, invest in a UV lamp and get a tan, or a sunburn, whatever. 
P.S. Max blogs coming soon. We know that's all you care about, but we like to tease.  

1 comment:

Joey said...

Wow, a 4x4 -- that's awesome! And don't forget about the chocolate shakes...so good.

I can't imagine an in-n-out shirt with Salt Lake City on it. I'm totally jealous you'll have one (at least, supposedly) in the valley there.