Well, working at the mortuary has been great so far. Yesterday morning, Teri asked me to answer the phones while she was at a service. Then she warned me that it was April Fools day. I couldn't see why that would matter, but she assured me that there would be many extra phone calls and it would get really annoying. I was a little bit excited to see what people would come up with. But people must have lost their creativity.
All day long I only got two strange calls. The first one came from Brent Brown Toyota. It must have been a slow day. The man on the phone asked to speak with Myra. I replied (very professionally thanks to all my wicked phone skills) that there was no one here by that name. Did you mean to call the mortuary? At this point I'm not sure if he chickened out or if he realized that I knew what he was doing, but he started to stutter and say, "Yes, or no. I'm sorry. Thanks, bye," and quickly hung up the phone. It was great.
The second call came around noon. The caller ID on this one said Utah State Government. They obviously have too much time. The man said he had a note on his desk to call Myra Mains. Get it! Very clever. I started to laugh and said that I'm sorry, there is no one here by that name, the number must have been written down incorrectly. He didn't even flinch and just said thank you and have a nice day.
It was pretty disappointing for what I was expecting. Oh well, I got a really good laugh from Courtney. If anyone missed it, click on the link to TJ and Courtney's page and see what they did for April Fools. It was great! Love you all!
3 comments:
MYRA MAINS!! That is awesome. It was funny to see all the little kids at school to try and pull stuff on each other. I have never seen so many adult size boots on kids -and over sized slings! But Myra Mains - come on that is brilliant!
ps - I didn't get courtney's joke - are they building a house for reals? I'm a little slow!
LOVE shell
I have to agree with Shelley, Myra Mains is funny! that is like the law firm called Dewie Cheetem and Hau... (Do We Cheat 'Em and How?) get it? hahaha
awww...Andrea! I miss you! You're great! I can't wait to hang out with you when I come out!
Post a Comment